The purpose of the position is to serve as a technical authority/subject matter expert for CDC on matters involving the vulnerabilities and threats to CDC's information technology systems. This is a National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) Framework CyberSkills position.Learn more about this agency
As an IT Cybersecurity Specialist (Direct Hire), you will:
- Implement and evaluate a myriad of cloud deployments, applications, and services.
- Conduct cloud security analysis of prospective clients' Cloud platforms/environments based on the Risk Management Framework.
- Evaluate business strategies, requirements, and user needs, existing usage cloud platforms, technical capabilities, and overall cloud application maturity, and provide strategic guidance and best-practices based recommendations for implementing governance boards and proven best practices for cloud based application/platform development, deployment, and support.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory, and industry standards for cloud based security.
- Evaluate the organization's existing cloud security practices, define and measure security-related activities, and demonstrate improvements to the cloud programs within the organization.
- Perform technical strength checks for Cloud platforms/environments prior to broader deployments.
- Execute on Cloud security engagements during different phases of the lifecycle i.e. assess, design, and implementation.
- Develop and maintain a balanced cloud security governance framework based on industry standards.
- Participate in the evaluation, research, and development of cloud security risk assessments.
- Collaborate with the architects, product management and engineering teams to create solutions that increase the product and its cloud infrastructure security and value.
- Implement industry leading practices around cyber risks and Cloud security for the organization.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel at least 5% domestically for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552540600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.