About the Position:Learn more about this agency
The U.S. Military Academy, West Point, NY is an academic institution located in the Hudson River Valley, 50 miles from New York City. The historic site is the oldest continuously occupied military post in America. West Point is a self contained city with housing, a Department of Public Works, libraries, hospital, fire department, chapels, and restaurants. Employees have access to Eisenhower Hall Theater, Hudson Valley's performing arts center, and recreational facilities
- You will serve as the Deputy Director of the United States Military Academy (USMA) Graduate Scholarship Program; and liaise with all academic departments to develop and assess curriculum.
- You will design and teach challenging interdisciplinary courses to elite undergraduates.
- You will inform cadets about scholarship opportunities and oversee submission of scholarship applications.
- You will manage the internal selection process for nationally competitive scholarships; and facilitate cadet and faculty research partnerships to support scholarship opportunities.
- You will build a communication strategy to strengthen the USMA Graduate Scholarship Program?s alumni community.
- You will sustain and develop relationships with external scholarship foundations and organizations; and host distinguished guests and organize events for groups of up to 50 people.
- You will also coordinate institutional support to applicants, including letters of recommendation.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552423900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.