Serves as the deputy to the Supervisory Visual Information Specialist (Art Director) and as a senior-level Visual Information Specialist. As a design lead for major clients and projects, takes primary responsibility for client relationships, project planning and producing complex design work under Agency design and branding standards. Plays a key role in project planning and traffic management analyzing client requests and developing project briefs.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but not limited by the following:
- Serves as deputy to the Art Director by being second-in-command of the Graphics Department.
- Serves as a design lead and liaison to a portfolio of major clients. Will develop project briefs, coordinate developing design strategy in collaboration with the Art Director, manage client expectations, manage design schedule design work with the Project Coordinator. Responsible for clear cross-department and cross-team communication and maintaining a collaborative and solutions-focused relationships with clients and partners. Requires strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Plays a key role in project planning and traffic management, working closely with the Art Director and Project Coordinator. Monitors graphic department project management database and assists in developing project briefs providing evaluations of client requests for resource needs, brand and design strategy, time estimates, budget and scheduling.
- As a lead designer, will conceptualize and produce a wide range of design work including but not limited to publications, collateral, branding projects, event support, exhibit design, signage, email marketing, and digital assets. Assigned projects are of a higher level of complexity and require advanced skills knowledge of graphic design across print and digital platforms, branding, and print production. Must possess excellent design skills, understands and reinforces multiple Agency brands and brings fresh direction and insight to creative while maintaining defined design standards.
- In their absence, serves as the Art Director, responsible for the following: (1) representing the department in client meetings; (2) supervising FTE and contract staff; (3) reviewing staff design work for established design and brand standards; (4) prioritizing work assignments; (5) writing up projects and evaluating work of staff designers; and (6) providing final approval for artwork prior to going to contracted printer or for in-house reproduction.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552390800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.