The VA Portland Health Care System is a Complexity Level 1a facility and provides extensive primary, secondary, tertiary, and quaternary care in outpatient, inpatient, residential, and community settings. a Multi-site medical system that includes a major medical facility in Portland, Oregon, outpatient and residential facilities in Vancouver, Washington, and 10 Community Based Outpatient Clinics. VAPORHCS is an academic medical facility with significant teaching and research programs.Learn more about this agency
Education and length of practice will be considered through a formal pay-setting process in determining the final compensable salary (Base Pay + Market Pay).
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive is authorized.
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. If selected for this position you must meet specific individual eligibility requirement and submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office
Staff Anesthesiologist has responsibility for providing the complete range of anesthetic care of patients including preoperative assessment, intraoperative anesthetic administration and monitoring, and post-anesthesia care in compliance with national (JCAHO) accreditation standards.
- Provides anesthesia-related direct patient care in all functional areas of the OR, ICU, ward, and clinic settings as needed, to include on-call coverage. Provides anesthesia-related training to qualified residents and students in these settings in accordance with supervision policies and procedures.
- Meets anesthesia-related documentation requirements.
- Meets continuing education requirements.
- Participates in development and implementation of program philosophy, objectives, plans, policies, and standards essential to delivery of quality anesthetic care.
- Participates in activities to improve anesthesia-related outcomes and efficiencies including regular participation in morbidity and mortality conferences, staff meetings, and any other relevant activities.
- Establishes and promotes an atmosphere of unity through collaborative practice and effective communication between disciplines throughout the facility.
- Fosters a high level of patient and staff satisfaction.
Work Schedule: Variable Monday - Friday Plus Call
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552368600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.