The Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars is the living, national memorial to President Wilson established by an Act of Congress in 1968 & headquartered in Washington, D.C. The Center provides an essential link between the policy & academic communities by creating programs & communication opportunities that examine current & emerging challenges confronting the United States and the world. It is a non-partisan/non-advocacy institution supported by both public & private funds.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Wilson Center’s Information Technology (IT) Office responsible for managing and supporting all IT services and operations and their related hardware, software, security and operations. Reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer, the IT Specialist (System Administration / Customer Support) will be performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide help desk support for all supported Wilson Center hardware including mobile devices, laptops, software, including security, remote access, and the data communications network.
- Provide operational support to Wilson Center staff, scholars, interns, and contractors to include providing user network account support to include setup and configuration (e.g., user profile, e-mail, peripheral access), and troubleshoot user account problems and daily user support issues.
- Assist with managing systems resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability.
- Analyze and resolve operational problems and monitors overall customer satisfaction rates, maintains operational standards set at management levels and is accountable for delivery of customer satisfaction.
- Assist with troubleshoots and investigates systems problems, including the performance of e-mail operations.
- Implement plans for the recovery of system data in the event of IT equipment or software failure.
- Assist with planning and scheduling the installation of Windows operating systems; patch management; standardizing baseline configurations; and monthly scanning and reporting to validate IT security compliance.
- Monitor systems operation to ensure that procedures and guidelines for operating these systems are followed and determines possible revisions of procedures to eliminate and prevent any possible system disruption.
At the GS-09 level, you will be performing similar work with additional guidance, training, and supervision from your supervisor. The scope and complexity of work is less than that of the full performance level but you will be exposed to complex IT system and customer service issues as you progress in your developmental position.
Applicants are encouraged to read the entire vacancy announcement prior to applying.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required (10% or less).
11 - When promotion potential is shown, the agency is not making a commitment and is not obligated to provide future promotions to you if you are selected. Future promotions are subject to administrative approval.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552311000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.