The incumbent will participate in cross-departmental tasking and will gain knowledge in a variety of analytical disciplines that will cover undersea weapons, unmanned vehicles, countermeasures, advanced sensor systems; hull mounted and towed arrays, kill chain analyses and engagement modeling. In doing so, he/she will rotate through three positions within Codes 85, 15, and 60 lasting six months each for a total of 18 months.Learn more about this agency
- You will support internal stakeholders in the accomplishment of enterprise project goals and milestones.
- You will gain experience in modeling and analysis tools used for the design, analysis and performance assessment of torpedoes and countermeasures in the context of fleet war-fighting scenarios, threats and environments.
- You will gain experience the implementation, performance and analysis of submarine mounted sensor systems and the impact of environmental parameters on these systems in the context of fleet war-fighting scenarios and threats.
- You will integrate experience and knowledge gained to develop or augment models for assessment of engagement level analyses.
- You will develop, implement and test algorithms for undersea vehicles or submarine sensor systems.
- You will provide engineering and analytical support in the following areas:
- Sonar and signal processing, electromagnetics;
- Physics based models for target modeling, weapon propulsion, command and control;
- Integration of models and tools from other Departments;
- Development of models and computer simulations to advance technology;
- Modeling and simulation of hull mounted and towed sonar systems and the assessment of their performance;
- Assessment of the impact of oceanographic attributes on sonar system performance and impacts on employment of platforms and sensors;
- Analysis of hull mounted and towed array sonar system data to identify and quantify the impact of environmental features. Integrate and align findings between system data analyses and Modeling and simulation studies;
- Performance gap analysis and requirements derivation.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552193000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.