There are two positions to be filled in the Northern Region (Region 1). See the "Additional Information" section for details on potential duty locations and contact information for each position.Learn more about this agency
The Writer-Editor performs writing and editing duties for a wide variety of documents that includes technical reports, administrative publications, technical guides, and a variety of other environmental analysis, decision, and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents.
- Performs a wide range of writing and editing skills designed to provide quality publications for internal and external audiences.
- Composes technical reports, administrative publications, technical guides, and a variety of other environmental analysis, decision, and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents.
- Ensures the NEPA documents created by the interdisciplinary team are developed in accordance with applicable law, regulation and policy.
- Reviews/edits and finalizes publications for publishing, including format, references, distribution, punctuation, grammar, applicability to audiences, consistency, and publishing rules as provided by the Government Printing Office Style Manual.
- Manages the development of and reviews environmental documents prepared by forest personnel and others including contractors, grantors, and other agencies.
- Rewrites portions of draft documents and publications to gain uniformity, clarity, economy of expression, and logical presentation of ideas
- Review, edit and finalize responses to objections regarding decisions made by a Forest and ensures accuracy and completeness of the Administrative Record for each lawsuit.
- The work is normally performed in an office environment (sedentary) with no special physical demands. Normal safety precautions are required.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position. See "Additional Information" section for details for each position to be filled.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552156600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.