About the Position: This position is in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Employees occupying DCIPS positions are in the Excepted Service and must adhere to U.S. Code, Title 10, as well as Department of Defense Instruction 1400.25. This position is located at the US Army Intelligence & Security Command, 500th Military Intelligence Brigade, Office of the RMO, Schofield Barracks, Hawaii.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as Budget Analyst in the Resource Management Office (RMO), 500th MI Brigade.
- Provides budgetary and accounting guidance and technical oversight.
- Analyzes budget estimates and supporting data and provides recommendations for the various funding program to the RMO to assure compliance with regulatory and legal limitations and restrictions.
- Monitors the obligation rates of budgeted funds through dialogue with program officials and their staff. Keeps records of commitments, obligations and expenditures.
- Writes and/or edits statements justifying/supporting requests for submissions to higher headquarters and other intra/inter agencies.
- Performs analysis and evaluation of programmed versus actual budgetary execution in attainment of program objectives.
- Utilizes a variety of accounting systems to locate and analyze data such as Standard Finance System (STANFINS) General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS), or resource management tools.
- Executes and assists in formulation/justification of annual and multi-year appropriations.
- Processes requests in Defense Travel System (DTS), the Government Travel Card (GTC), Service Contracts Supply Requisition, travel orders, and Military Interdepartmental Purchase Request.
25% or less - Temporary Duty Travel (TDY) may be required 25%, or less of the times.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552152600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.