Who may apply: Current permanent competitive and noncompetitive employees of the announcing agency and PPP DoD Military Spouse Preference eligible.Learn more about this agency
- Incumbent serves as the Executive Assistant to an SES level Site/Organization Director or Deputy Directory with responsibility for analyzing and advising on auditing policies and procedures and resolving and executing a wide variety of actions.
- As the Executive Assistant, provides executive-level support in a very dynamic and highly visible environment characterized by critical and time-sensitive concerns facing the Agency.
- This position serves as a confidential and personal assistant to the Director with full responsibility for all administrative needs.
- Serves as the editorial review point for staff correspondence, publications, regulations and other administrative publications; monitors, prioritizes and tracks all correspondence, ensuring timely responses and drafting responses as necessary.
- Represents the Director and Deputy Director on working groups and panels within and outside the Center/Organization and provides DFAS perspective on finance and accounting issues.
- Responsible for planning, managing and directing tasks assigned by the Director and/or Deputy Director. Develops recommendations involving substantive impact on policies, procedures, systems, and operations of the Organization and DFAS.
- Monitors major projects within the Organization; reviews policies and directives for effective and timely accomplishment of such projects; reviews and recommends approval or disapproval of implementation plans developed by operating officials.
- Performs technical review of staff papers submitted to the Director dealing with auditing issues and programs.
- Serves as a technical expert in developing and issuing policies, procedures, and system requirements affecting a variety of matters pertaining to auditing and reporting within the Department of Defense.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552150000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.