The primary purpose of this position is: To serve as a Knowledge Analyst assigned to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information and Technology (OIT), DevOps, IT Operations and Services (ITOPS), Enterprise Command Operations (ECO), Enterprise Service Desk (ESD), Knowledge Management (KM) Organization. The incumbent serves as a Knowledge Analyst reporting to a Knowledge Management Supervisor.Learn more about this agency
NOTE: IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE TO DETERMINE QUALIFICATIONS AS OUTLINED BELOW.
Selectee will be placed in a VA facility at one of the following locations:
The first 50 candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates in increments of 50 will be referred based on hiring needs
Work Schedule: M-F 7:00am - 3:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not available
Virtual: Not available - Must be placed at a VA Facility.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist / 14243-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Physical Requirements: The position is sedentary. Sitting, standing, walking, bending, or occasional lifting of boxes weighing up to 40 pounds is required. Stress may be felt by the analyst due to extreme pressure in sustaining online application availability and ensuring that the best possible service is being provided to the customer.
- The incumbent is responsible for working within a team environment where each member contributes a portion of the analyses, facts, information, proposed actions or recommendations and ensures compatibility and consistency of interpretation, judgment, logic and application of policy.
- Utilizes knowledge of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) service/support model and ITIL request, incident and change management processes.
- Design, build, implement, and maintain a knowledge management framework that provides end-users access to the organization's intellectual capital.
- Plan and manage the delivery of knowledge management projects.
- Provide recommendations on data structures and databases that ensure correct and quality production of reports/management information.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552109000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.