About the Position: This position is located in Deerfield OH with the Pittsburgh District Corps of Engineers. The incumbent will work at a multi-use lake office administering project and programs pertaining to all aspects of Flood Risk Management, Recreation Management and Natural Resource Management, i.e. safety plans, emergency operations, fire prevention; oversight of contractual maintenance of the grounds and facilities; and also plans and participates in public awareness of Corps functions.Learn more about this agency
- Lead a team of professionals whose work is the day-to-day operations, maintenance and management of a multi-purpose water resources project.
- Independently plan, schedule, assign, and review the work of assigned employees in the construction, operation, maintenance and overall management of the assigned area.
- Oversee the conservation, preservation, restoration and use of all lake natural resources.
- Develop guidelines, standards and procedures for analyzing public needs, demands, site carrying capacities and resource capabilities.
- Monitor and evaluate recreation trends and developments for planning future facilities, methods of work, and programs.
- Frequently attend civic and public meetings and hearings to speak or participate in discussion of problems and to promote mutual understanding and coordination of the overall Recreation and Natural Resource Management programs.
- Develop, maintain, close, and consolidate Corps recreation areas and facilities, including rehabilitation of campsites, picnic sites, roads, and associated structures in park areas. Maximizes recreation opportunities while protecting resources.
- Provide expertise in the management of a major water resource development lake as it pertains to the dam and appurtenant structures in conjunction with daily duties.
- Responsible for the preparation, justification and support of budgets, obligation and expenditure schedules and spreadsheets.
- Approve leave requests for subordinates; may have to initiate disciplinary measures.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- This position may expose incumbent to uneven terrain, inclement weather, and water hazards.
- This position requires weekend and holiday hours during the summer months such as for 4th of July, Memorial Day, and Labor Day.
- Provide estimates for personnel, equipment, materials and supplies required to carry out an efficient operation and maintenance program for the project.
- Direct and coordinate the preparation of various planning documents for the lake to include the Operational Management Plan, Master Plan, Project Safety Plan, Fire Prevention Plan and Physical Security Plan.
- Coordinate and cooperate with other agencies, groups, individuals, and other District elements.
- Develop and/or administer, through subordinates, various service and minor construction contracts and assists the contracting officer with oversight of contracts such as: mowing, refuse collection, facility clean up, park attendants and custodians.
- Assists the contracting officer with oversight of contracts such as janitorial, vegetative management, boundary line marking/maintenance, and any other contracts necessary to ensure that projects are fully functional for all authorized purposes.
- Meet mission requirements of Flood Damage Reduction, Downstream Flow, Water Supply, Water Quality, Natural Resources Management and Recreation.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 10% of the time for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552087300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.