This position will be located in the Intake and Portfolio Management Staff Office, APS-010.Learn more about this agency
Members of the Intake and Portfolio Management Staff Office serve as the front door for all external stakeholder requests. This team is responsible for gathering, recording and tracking stakeholder requests coming into AIT and routing requests appropriately for rapid fulfillment. The AIT Intake process is supported by four cross-functional groups within AIT: Triage Team, Discovery, Intake Coordination, and Resourcing. APS-10 provides executive level metrics and dashboards to AIT leadership on incoming requests from stakeholders. APS-10 is responsible for coordinating and facilitating periodic reviews with stakeholders. APS-10 works collaboratively with the AIT verticals to develop executive level briefings, Portfolio Reviews, for stakeholder organizations focused on their current business needs, active projects, application portfolio, and security posture. Portfolio reviews are used to highlight upcoming AIT initiatives, and addresses questions and concerns from the stakeholder LOB.
As the Manager of the Staff Office, you will serve as a first line supervisor at the organization/unit level; assigning work, setting priorities, and reviewing and evaluating work and performance of subordinates; approving leave; Coaching and developing employees; recommending corrective or disciplinary actions; Assisting in budget planning and projecting short-term needs; Managing projects within assigned resources; Resolving routine problems that typically impact the objectives of the organizational unit; when required, coordinating with customers outside the immediate organization.
This position requires an experienced leader with the skills necessary to interact with senior executives. This position oversees all new work coming into the AIT organization from external customers. Customer issues get elevated to the executive level very quickly. The Staff Office Manager must keep a pulse on issues and be at the ready to respond expeditiously or elevate to IT management if necessary. The Staff Office Manager will be responsible for briefing AIT senior leadership on all new requests on a weekly basis at the Deputy Director meetings, and the IT Management Team, if required. The following is a list of specific roles & responsibilities of the Staff Office Manager:
- Oversees all new Intake requests and ensures those requests are moving through the Intake Process without delay.
- Escalates Intake requests to management that need special handling or attention.
- Works closely with the Managers of the Business Partnership Managers (BPMs) to ensure Intake requests contain complete information. Coordinate through the BPMs back with the customers when additional details are required.
- Oversees the Portfolio Review process, collaborating with other AIT verticals to ensure the presentations contain accurate information, and the appropriate level of detail for the FAA business units.
- Briefs the AIT Deputy Directors on all new Intake requests on a weekly basis and then provides management guidance on all Intake request to the downstream teams in the Intake process.
Occasional travel - The job may require travel from time- to-time, but not on a regular basis. The travel may be for training or other work-related duties.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552082600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.