These positions are located in Sierra Human Resources Office in the Mariposa, California office.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as senior level Human Resources Specialist performing the full range of tasks in assigned program functions such as recruitment and placement, position management, pay administration, etc.
- Utilizes a wide variety of hiring authorities, both competitive and non-competitive. Provides human resources services to a variety of customers, and works with a wide variety of occupations series (both General Schedule (GS) and Federal Wage System (FWS) covering permanent, seasonal, temporary and TERM positions. Provides cross-functional advisory services to managers regarding recruitment, staffing, classification and position management strategies, performance management, compensation, employee relations, and/or labor relations. Analyzes difficult personnel issues and recommends options regarding application of program flexibilities to specific organizational problems and operations.
- Conducts job analysis with managers by analyzing the knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) required to perform stated work requirements. Validates applicant eligibility and qualifications or consults with subject-matters experts to verify applicant qualifications and ratings. Guides managers in developing and selecting appropriate criteria for evaluating job candidates and explains determinations to supervisors, managers, and job applicants. Informs applicants of hiring decisions and coordinates release dates or other required staffing actions.
- Completing and reviewing various personnel actions to include pay setting, nature of action, legal authority, and applicable remarks for permanent, term and temporary appointments, extensions, promotions, reassignments, changes to lower grade and details.
- Uses automated staffing systems to provide quality candidates to selecting officials. Develops on-line assessment questionnaires relevant to position requirements and assigns appropriate weight to each factor. Advises managers and employees on procedures and requirements of the automated systems.
- Performs the full range of recruitment tasks authorized under Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Delegated Examining Certification. Advises selecting officials of procedures and requirements governing Certificates of Eligibles, category ranking, and rules covering applicants with veterans' preference.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position. You may be required to travel overnight away from home up to 5 nights per month. You must obtain a government charge card for travel purposes.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552078200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.