This job opportunity is for a Surface Maintenance Repairer position, position description D1193000, within the FMS1 of the New Jersey National Guard. This vacancy announcement is a Title 32, Excepted Service position.Learn more about this agency
The purpose of this position is to perform limited diagnosis, routine repairs, and maintenance on combat, tactical, commercial, and special purpose vehicles and equipment. May assist higher graded mechanics in the performance of maintenance duties.
As a Surface Maintenance Repairer, WG-5801-08 you may be expected to accomplish the following:
- Perform limited diagnosis, routine repairs and maintenance on heavy-duty mobile equipment, combat, tactical, and automotive vehicles
- Perform limited diagnoses to determine the cause of mechanical failures by means of visual and auditory checks
- Independently perform routine repairs and maintenance functions in remote locations
- Conduct limited readiness and repair inspections on vehicles and associated equipment supported by the activity
- Maintain supply documents, receipts, and inventory
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552000300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.