The Individual serves as an Information Technology (IT) Specialist (Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Customer Support) under supervision of the Supervisor IT Specialist, Electronic commerce Division (ECD), Information Technology Services (IT), Financial Services Center (FSC}, and Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Austin Texas.Learn more about this agency
The first 50 candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates in increments of 50 will be referred based on hiring needs.
Bargaining Unit Position
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT SPECIALIST(CUST SPT)/13009A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: Work is primarily sedentary. Some work may require lifting of 20 pounds or less. Some
work may require employee to move freely within the confines of FSC's complex.
- Make recommendations based on trend analysis for enhancements to software and hardware solutions to enhance customer experience
- Ability to investigate, test, analyze, document results and recommend using integration of hardware and software
- Measures system performance including various components and peripherals such as Network Interface Cards, data storage
- Analyze and investigate a multitude of problems and questions in a timely manner to both internal and external customers
- Ability to accurately define incidents, problems and event in the trouble ticketing system
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel occasionally for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551913500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.