Serves as a Space Scientist for the Astromaterials Research Office at NASA Johnson Space Center (JSC). This position involves leadership of a core analytical laboratory supporting directed astromaterial sample research and Mission support.Learn more about this agency
- Performs world-class research on the origin and evolution of our solar system and its rocky planetary bodies through in situ high-spatial resolution isotopic measurements.
- Writes success peer-viewed publications and proposals related to the research described above.
- Serves as laboratory manager of the ARES NanoSIMS laboratory. This includes providing requirements to contractor staff who support this laboratory.
- Supports human and robotic missions.
- Collaborates with existing ARES scientists and external partners in the detailed study of astromaterials.
- Provides service to the Agency and scientific community as required in his/her area of expertise (panel reviews, publication reviews, etc).
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551912100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.