THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a Financial Management Analyst, Position Description Number T5127000 and is part of the USPFO Pay and Exam Branch of the Vermont Army National Guard.Learn more about this agency
This position provides professional wide spectrum pay operations (Military Pay, Civilian Pay, Accounts Payable and Travel pay) support to Soldiers of their assigned State.
1. The incumbent is responsible to have extensive knowledge of all pay operations that are handled by the Pay and Exam branch. The incumbent must be able to work independently to conduct comprehensive examinations/reviews of pay accounts for Soldiers, Civilians and Vendors. Examines, analyzes, and interprets finance and accounting data, records, and/or reports to determine conformance to federal appropriation law. Evaluates facts presented to ensure validity, accuracy, and completeness of claims for customers. Request additional information and/or documentation, as required in order to make determinations on a payment's status to ensure timely and accurate payment. A thorough knowledge of the DJMS, DCPS, GFEBS, WAWF, DTS, and CAPS systems are required to examine, review, research, and correct payment transactions for pay accounts not covered by standard rules and regulations. Verifies that substantiating documents are in proper order for authorized entitlements, support payments, to include command approval. Reviews and processes special pay actions or problem cases generated by computer processing problems. Uses system generated data to identify information in the system causing problems. Reviews substantiating and supporting pay authorization documents for propriety, authentication, and accuracy for compliance with applicable regulations, policies, and precedents. Computes and corrects any pay irregularities or if action is to be returned to input source, provides specific guidance for corrective action. Maintains suspense on all actions returned and ensures all actions are processed within the specified time frame.
2. Resolves the most difficult pay problems including extensive research, review, and application of prior pay and tax laws, regulations, and entitlements. Applies GAO decisions, policies, and procedures. Determines eligibility of pay entitlements using current and superseded rules and regulations governing each type of pay. Computes payments using manual computations when required. Reviews pay accounts to settle the most problematic situations affecting entitlements and payments.
3. Apply pay and tax laws, regulations, directives, and policies to all cases. Based on the analysis of pay accounts prepare necessary documentation to pay or collect entitlements and adjust effected taxes. Examines records, original orders, and all substantiating documentation to determine whether pay entitlements and/or tax refunds exist and if credit and/or payment of pay and allowances are in accordance with prescribed administrative regulations and procedures. Responsible to assess travel settlements military permanent change of station (PCS) claims, to include possible dependent travel settlements, dislocation allowance entitlements, do-it-yourself moves (DITY) claims, and temporary duty travel (TDY) vouchers for wounded soldiers and their family members.
4. Must have the ability to effectively communicate with different levels within the State's command and with external agencies, to include Financial Services and National Guard Bureau.
5. Ensures work is processed in accordance with established guidelines, regulations, policies, and procedures. Reviews work within prescribed timeframes. Ensures workload is completed timely. Prepares and reviews various reports. Reviews for accuracy and timeliness on of all supported customers pay entitlements through appropriate DFAS Systems.
6. Responsible to assist in the training and development of the Financial Services Technicians assigned to the section. Required to have extensive knowledge coding in GFEBS, CAPS-W, MYUNITPAY, JSS, DMO, DTS, and DCPS. Entrusted to act as the backup TASO and certifier in systems directed by the Supervisory Financial Technician.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551911500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.