The Internship Program is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while still in school and while getting paid for the work performed. These temporary Student Trainee positions will be filled as Intern Not to Exceed (NTE) appointments. The appointments may or may not be extended depending upon the unit's need and funding.Learn more about this agency
- This position is designed to provide a career-oriented introduction to the background, philosophy, concepts, and scope of the Forest Service Hydrology Programs and a practical understanding of the policies of the employing organization.
- Assignments are temporary in nature and in conjunction with formal education from an accredited educational institution, the Intern NTE will gain the necessary competencies for future career opportunities.
- Work assignments are selected to ensure that the Intern NTE receives on-the-job training and exposure to one or more program functions.
- Receives training in the principles, concepts, work processes, and regulations of one or more functional areas of the Forest Service. Work assignments are usually clear-cut and designed to provide experience in a variety of activities.
- On a scheduled basis, following the Pathways Participant Agreement, receives assignments in various Forest Service functions to gain an understanding of the various program concepts and operations.
- Develops an understanding of the total mission as well as organizational/functional interrelationships and gain work experience through temporary work assignments.
- Receives formal and on-the-job training in OPM, Department of Agriculture and Forest Service policies, rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Is instructed on use of personal computers, and file and data management.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551909800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.