This position is located in the Division of Nuclear Materials Safety, Region I. Multiple selections may be made from this announcement.
This position requires up to 40% travel.
Travel expenses associated with interview and/or relocation expenses associated with job offer will be paid.
This position is a Bargaining Unit position.
Selectee will not be subject to Office of Government Ethics Confidential Financial Disclosure reporting requirements.Learn more about this agency
This position may be filled in either Medical and Licensing Assistance Branch; Commercial, Industrial, R&D and Academic Branch; or Decommissioning, ISFSI and Reactor HP Branch.
The successful candidate will perform the full range of radiological and environmental protection licensing activities and serve as an inspector to plan, conduct, report and integrate findings associated with radiation protection inspections of active and/or decommissioning light-water reactor facilities, medical facilities, materials facilities using byproduct, source and/or special nuclear materials and Independent Spent Fuel Storage Installations (ISFSI). Such duties include, but are not limited to:
- Review license applications for all uses of byproduct, source and special nuclear material other than nuclear power production.
- Perform routine and complex inspections of operating and/or decommissioning reactor facilities, including ISFSI to observe and assure conformance to NRC rules and regulations.
- Perform routine planned and reactive inspections of materials licensees to ascertain conformity with design and other criteria, evaluate the adequacy of licensee controls and provisions for radiological and environmental safety.
- Recommend enforcement action with regional management approval when inspection findings indicate a significant violation of the license or NRC rules and regulations
- Prepare inspection reports to document whether the facility is being operated safely, the licensee’s management control program is effective, and regulatory requirements are being met.
Occasional travel - Up to 40% travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551903400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.