This is a bargaining unit position.Learn more about this agency
This is not a (drug) testing designated position (TDP).
This position is located in the Small Business Administration, Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Office of Financial Systems (OFS) in Denver, CO or Washington, DC. This IT Specialist performs or directs other computer oriented personnel in the design, operation and evaluation of technically and functionally complex automated systems. Only one selection will be made from either location.
Denver, CO: $114,454 - $148,794
Washington, DC: $117,191 - $152,352
- Responsible for the design, operation, and evaluation of the Oracle federal financials environment to ensure that the environment is secure, reliable, and available and meets all federal requirements.
- Performs complex and advanced system analysis which becomes basis for obtaining and/or developing new applications including the development of software products to interface with the agency's core financial system and other financial systems belonging to other government entities.
- Acts in a key role to resolve critical problems in existing and planned systems. Solutions are typically highly innovative and are based on the incumbent's technical ability and broad knowledge in various fields.
- Maintains the security, reliability, and availability of OCFO financial systems. Ensures compliance of SBA's Core Financial Management System with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and government policies and procedures.
- Translates complex user requirements into technical specifications involving accounting, financial management, and information management. Develops short and long-range plans for the technological enhancement of the OCFO systems in consultation with program officials and OCFO management.
Occasional travel - Occasional night and weekend travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551888500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.