Shares fully with the Deputy Administrator overall responsibility for directing the formulation, administration, and coordination of Program policies, practices, and activities, with particular emphasis on certain budget-related activities including development of hearing and appropriation testimony for key officials of AMS and the mission area, Section 32 oversight, development of grants policy and related functions, and general liaison with Agency and mission area officials.Learn more about this agency
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develops, recommends, directs, and reviews programs, policies, and procedures, and modifications to existing programs, policies, and procedures to carry out the functions and activities of MAP.
- Evaluates assigned Program operations and issues instructions and determinations as are necessary to most effectively accomplish the activities and mission of the Program.
- Provides leadership in formulating and administering current and long-range policies applicable to the Program as a whole.
- Works with program managers and the Agency's Civil Rights Staff to promote employee awareness of the importance of honesty, fairness, uniformity, impartiality, and accuracy in all of their activities.
- Shares responsibility for the general direction of key assistants to assure that the work of the Program is properly integrated and managed, to develop program plans and necessary procedures.
- Collaborates with the Deputy Administrator in overseeing a full range of administrative programs for the Agency.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551887800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.