This position is for a Transportation Specialist within the State Programs Division, Office of Safety Programs. You will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing the Motor Carrier Safety Assistance Program (MCSAP) and High Priority (HP) grants issued to law enforcement agencies and other grantees within the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). This position will also be responsible for coordinating various FMCSA safety program projects.Learn more about this agency
As a Transportation Specialist, you will:
- Be instrumental in executing, evaluating, and improving FMCSA’s force-multiplier strategy of awarding grant funds to achieve a safety-focused, State-based Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) and motor carrier enforcement program.
- Serve as the Program Officer for the grants and develops programmatic change and then monitor the implementation and outcome of the work supported by these grants.
- Develop internal and external program guidelines; perform liaison activities with FMCSA and grantee officials; and prepare reports for management, Congress, and other reports of program accomplishments.
- Conduct comprehensive program reviews of States within organizational jurisdiction to ensure compliance with existing statutory, regulatory, and programmatic requirements and policies.
- Review and analyze State legislation and practices to determine compatibility with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSRs) and Federal Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMRs).
- Monitor and track States’ variances; inform States, Service Centers and Headquarters personnel of compliance and regulatory developments; and briefs senior management and other Agency personnel regarding current status. Negotiate workable agreements with the Office of Chief Counsel, Service Centers, Division Offices, and States to correct identified incompatibilities.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of and experience in transportation safety and grant programs, FMCSA regulations, and policies governing the Motor Carrier Safety Assistance Program.
Occasional travel - Some travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551855300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.