This position is the VISN 20 Academic Detailing Clinical Pharmacist Specialist (CPS), Academic E-Detailing Program Lead. This has a high visibility and represents facility and Veterans Integrated Service Network (VISN) wide efforts to improve medical care. This position is funded by National Academic Detailing for 12 months and as such will spend 75% of time during this timeframe under the direction of the National Director for Academic Detailing Services.Learn more about this agency
Duties may include, but not limited to:
- Apply marketing techniques in promotion of practice guidelines and academic detailing programming topics.
- Utilize data analysis to measure programming impact and patient outcomes and trend changes in metrics.
- Develop goals and a vision for the e-detailing program and will assist with future program development.
- Meet with providers on a regular basis to discuss guidelines, review provider prescribing profiles, and educate providers on relevant new published clinical literature
- Collaborate effectively with clinical and administrative staff at all VISN 20 medical centers to meet performance goals and support quality patient care activities.
- Serve as a knowledgeable clinical pharmacy specialist resource to the VISN 20 Clinical Resource Hub.
- Retrieve best practice information from model sites and implement efforts for quality management.
- Coordinate targeted physician and pharmacist task forces to address performance measures and optimize cost-effective use of medications and respective concerns.
- Assist with VISN pharmacy centered operational regulations, including but not limited to, pharmaceutical compounding
- Educate providers on the electronic health record and assist with decisions surrounding the implementation.
- Develop, implement, and monitor VISN-wide targeted programs to achieve performance measures and contract goals in a global and time-efficient manner.
- Generate reports, searches, and lists for VISN PBM and other VA personnel as appropriate for research and program purposes
- Assist with development of materials that can be used for detailing CPG.
- Function as a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist (CPS) with a scope of practice for medication management clinic for 25% of time
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551801200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.