This position are located in Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
This position serves as a Human Resources Specialist, technical expert on a Forest Service unit with responsibility for labor relations functions
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact SM.FS.email@example.com
- Provides overall advice and assistance on national, complex, highly controversial, and sensitive labor management relations matters.
- Provides USDA FS management with interpretations of policy and procedures and recommended actions to take on labor issues, and will be responsible for developing solutions for often complex issues.
- Provides recommendations, guidance, interpretation and information to FS managers and union officials, and ensures issues relative to the agency are adequately addressed
- Issues addressed cover employees in an entire agency and may be with several different labor organizations because the labor relations environment varies by location.
- Provides expert advice and assistance when difficult problems arise in establishing and maintaining employer-employee relationships that contribute to satisfactory productivity, motivation, morale, and discipline.
- Serves as Labor Relations Advisor or Management Team Negotiator on national level negotiations.
- Drafts negotiated agreements consistent with law, rule and regulation for negotiations in a number of program areas sufficient to obtain Agency Head Review and concurrence.
- Serves as a Agency Representative in Unfair Labor Practice charges, Unit Petitions, Negotiability Appeals, and Impasse proceedings. Serves as technical liason and participates in hearings before the Federal arbitrators.
- Conducts studies and coordinates projects that involve analyzing and recommending changes to the structure of Labor Relations work.
- Exercises significant responsibility in providing advice and counsel to management and leadership officials and with officials of other units or organizations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551778000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.