This position is located in the front office for Loan Guaranty Service (LGY) and reports to the Chief of the Regulations Team. The primary purpose of this position is to provide expert advice and economic analysis of the impact of public policy on the VA Home Loan Guaranty Program.Learn more about this agency
- Works with senior leaders to ensure continuity of the VA Home Loan Guaranty (LGY) Program's integrity and ensures that appropriate guidance is provided to resolve many unique situations that arise.
- Conducts economic research and analysis covering a wide range of government financing matters including Federal investing, borrowing, loan programs, and budgeting implications for review by senior leadership.
- Prepares economic impact and cost-benefit analyses of potential policy and program alternatives, including developing regulatory impact analyses in accordance with Executive Order 12866.
- Provides authoritative technical advice to LGY leadership and recommends courses of action related to anticipated policy changes, proposed lending arrangements, and economic factors.
- Provides advisory service and guidance which is oriented toward general management solutions to achieve optimum overall program balance in relation to mission.
- Presents information and balanced analyses of recognized professional competence on complex and sensitive public policy questions to congressional committees, mortgage industry participants and senior staff.
- Provides advice on development and implementation of LGY regulations, policies, and procedures that impact program mission.
- Identifies emerging issues that will be of concern to the operation of the VA Home Loan Guaranty Program
- Conveys to congressional offices the capacity of LGY to perform informational and analytical studies in support of congressional policy making.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551749600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.