This position is part of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC), Office of External Affairs (OEA). The incumbent will be responsible for communicating information about OPIC and its programs to the public; serving as the first point of contact for press inquiries; and advising management on issues related to press and public affairs communications.Learn more about this agency
- Works to raise awareness and understanding of OPIC and its programs and events, the agency's role in global development and the U.S. national security strategy, and OPIC's ongoing transition to the new U.S. Development Finance Corporation.
- Communicates the agency's investments, initiatives and policies to local, national and international media, with a strong focus on educating Congress and the business community.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with print and broadcast reporters, press staff in Congressional offices and public affairs personnel in other Federal agencies and the in business community.
- Drafts and distributes regular press releases on the agency's investments and activities.
- Serves as primary agency spokesperson and responds to reporter queries. Arranges press conferences and press briefings, interviews, and editorial board meetings.
- Analyzes and evaluates OPIC program needs and priorities to develop a press strategy.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551728900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.