About the Position: This position is located with the CAP Production Center, Programs and Projects Management Division in San Francisco, CA or Sausalito, CA. Serves as a Lead Environmental Planner for the preparation of SPD Continuing Authorities Program (CAP) Production Center National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documentation and general environmental supporting studies.Learn more about this agency
- Plans execution of work assignments and oversees all facets of the work to successfully complete all assigned projects.
- Writes, edits, and reviews complex National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents.
- Ensures document conclusions and decisions are supported by the results of research, and that they meet all Federal and Army regulatory, policy, and procedural requirements.
- Develops scopes of work to hire contractors to execute work on the behalf of the Production Center and its customers and then provides technical oversight of these contractors.
- Reviews and interprets existing environmental laws and implementing regulations and then designs and implements new procedures.
- Determines adequacy of substantive and procedural matters relating to assigned projects.
- Establishes compliance requirements with all regulatory agencies to enable assigned projects to be completed within established timelines.
- Coordinates compliance requirements with the customer, local, state, and Federal agencies to ensure that assigned projects are completed within established timelines.
- Prepares or oversees preparation of public notices and conducts hearings and meetings relative to environmental compliance matters for assigned projects.
Occasional travel - Business Travel (TDY) is approximately 25% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551700400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.