This Clinical Dietitian position is located at the New Bedford Community Based Outreach Center (CBOC), and is the medical nutrition expert responsible for independently planning, developing and directing all nutritional care activities for assigned clients, including those with complex medical and nutritional needs. He/she supports the facility's mission and coordinates nutritional care with other health care providers, the client, the client's family and the community.Learn more about this agency
- Calculates nutritional requirements (calories, protein, carbohydrates, lipids, vitamins, electrolytes, fluid) and necessary diet restrictions or food/drug interactions. Diet education is tailored to each individual client according to physical and metabolic needs and designs the nutritional treatment plan with consideration for psychosocial, behavioral, ethnic and cultural factors to obtain desirable outcomes and promote long term adherence to a medical nutritional care plan.
- Assists in the education of dietetic students and interns. Plans learning experiences, teaches, and evaluates performance.
- Maintains productivity standards and practices, effective time management, and prioritizing of tasks.
- Manages resources (time, materials, staff) in a cost-effective manner.
- Supports Performance Improvement activities by participating in the development of nutritional care indicators, evaluation criteria, collecting continuous quality improvement data, monitoring outcomes and initiating corrective actions.
- Serves as the nutrition expert on the CBOC interdisciplinary treatment team which includes physicians, nurses, and other allied health professionals and operates under the general supervision of the Clinical Nutrition Manager who assigns work and provide general direction in the form of clarification of department related issues.
- Develops and implements an individualized plan for professional growth and development including participation in professional organizations and activities, workshops, seminars, and staff development programs.
- Develops and implements an individualized plan for medical nutrition therapy in accordance with the patient's medical program goals and objectives. Accurately obtains and interprets medical information pertinent to the patient's nutritional care to determine risk, assess nutritional status and develop individual specialized care plans to simultaneously address several disease processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the Service and clients to include providing support/coverage for vacancies and leave.
Work Schedule: The work schedule will be determined based on the needs of the Medical Center. Shift changes will be considered based on patient and facility needs.Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551661300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.