NOTE: One position will be filled in each of the 6 locations.
This position entails responsibility for planning, coordinating, conducting, implementing the Regional Aviation Workforce and Education activities within the geographic area to which the incumbent is assigned.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as the regional aviation workforce and education representative. He/she serves as a liaison to stakeholders, such as academia, government agencies, and aviation industry, organizations, associations and professional groups, and services as the conduit of information to the Regional Administrator, National AVSED (Aviation and Space Education) Program, Aviation Workforce Steering Committee. Performs multiple, varying and complex assignments under the minimal direction of a manager, project/program manager, team leader or more experienced professional. Acts as a contributing specialist for the agency's Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education and Aviation and Space Education (AVSED) activities. Evaluating STEM AVSED programs for effectiveness and making recommendations for improvement.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Supporting and recommending programs to the Regional Administrator for Aviation and Space Education outreach, maximizing limited resources by working with local partners, AVSED stakeholders from industry, education, and organizations in support of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM), makes optimal use of resources to complete activities with established schedules.
- Fostering awareness and employee involvement in local AVSED activities, including the facilitation, and training for the AVSED counselor program;
- Maintaining regional AVSED records, and reporting systems for program activities;
- Working with educational institutions (e.g. Centers of Excellence) to attract people to critical aviation professions; increase access to and retention in aviation related training, and influence the creation of more aviation focused learning opportunities for school aged students;
- Collaborating with other government agencies to leverage existing aviation workforce programs through Memorandums of Agreement (MOA) and Letters of Agreement (LOA), and to share data and resources. Serving as a FAA authority and consultant on AVSED matters for educational institutions, industry, professional associations, and aviation organizations;
- Collaborating with aviation industry, organizations, associations and professional groups to create new pathways to meet qualifications for various aviation careers, and leverage existing aviation career pathways, such as internships and apprenticeships;
- Participating in outreach events such as Career Days, Professional networking Events, Job Fairs, Aviation Career Education (ACE) Academies, etc.; and
- Leveraging employee associations, Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA) groups and others to reach under-represented groups;
- Identifying, coordinating, and supporting implementation of activities and programs in actual school situations to facilitate quality STEM education
Established policies/procedures provide guidance for most assignments but allow considerable discretion for employee to select the most appropriate approach(es) or develop new approaches. Resolves most problems and work issues with the assistance of a manager, project/program manager, team leader or more experienced professional. Works with management and/or more experienced professionals to solve problems. Work is reviewed rarely, typically through status reports and at project completion, to ensure policy compliance and alignment with the requirements of projects and/or other work activities.
Occasional travel - The job may require travel from time- to-time, but not on a regular basis. The travel may be for training or other work-related duties.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551653400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.