The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a lead advisor for public health policy, planning, and evaluation activities in an organizational unit at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The incumbent acts as a senior advisor to organization's leadership team on matters related to the strategic direction of the organization as well as on the status and impact of policies or potential policies (such as legislation or administration directives).Learn more about this agency
As a Lead Public Health Analyst you will:
- Perform independent policy research, and or policy evaluation, as well as other programmatic activities to further organization's goals and objectives.
- Analyze and develop input for complex and highly visible actions such as legislation, executive directives, and departmental policy issuances.
- Develop policy guidance documents.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with organization and other key partners including national and international organizations.
- Manage processes for the establishment and tracking of the organization's goal setting efforts and responsible for comprehensive strategic plan.
- Prepare Congressional testimony, policy documents, briefings, reports, summaries, responses to requests for information, and other substantive documents.
- Serve as the Team Lead, ensuring that the organization's strategic plan, mission, vision, and values are communicated to the team and integrated into the team's strategies, goals, objectives, work plans and work.
- Other duties as assigned
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551594800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.