As the Director for Internal Review the purpose of this position is to develop an aggressive and innovative internal review program for the DoD Financial and non-Financial Management programs and processes operated by the Agency. Partners with management to continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Finance and Accounting programs and processes by conducting independent and responsive audits, attestation engagements, audit liaison, audit follow-up, and investigationsLearn more about this agency
- Manages the DFAS Investigation and Internal Audit Programs consistent with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAGAS) and President's Council on Integrity and Efficiency and Executive Council on Integrity and Efficiency (PCIE/ECIE) Standards, coordinating and reporting investigative and audit related issues with the DoD Inspector General and Director, DFAS.
- Evaluates management controls for operational processes, programs, and systems. Identifies, validates, and provides recommendations to improve compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements, improve DoD Auditability, and increase operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identifies fraud, waste, abuse and mismanagement, and employee misconduct; investigates identified cases, and supports administrative and legal action supporting proper disciplinary actions for criminal prosecution and recovery of government funds.
- Monitors the status of internal audit and external audit recommendations directed to the Agency and serves as liaison with external federal audit organizations and Independent Public Accounting Firms.
- As an internal advisor to agency executives, identifies unique and systemic effectiveness and efficiency issues, and as a change agent, recommends systems and structures required to support changes, and prepare staff to manage change.
- Coordinates, supervises and performs agency and customer-wide audits, agreed-upon procedures, investigations, analytical and advisory work resulting from hotline notifications, risk-based audit plan, anonymous tips, proactive initiatives, or management requests.
- Works with all levels of DoD and other Federal agencies (e.g., Treasury, FBI), and state and local law enforcement agencies ensuring the Agency's internal review program integrates all areas of the mission of the Agency and creates an environment for quick and effective resolution to Agency and Department deficiencies.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551546400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.