WHAT IS THE LARGE BUSINESS AND INTERNATIONAL DIVISION: The Large Business and International (LB&I) business unit provides service and enforcement activities to support tax compliance of businesses and related entities with assets of $10 million or more, as well as small U.S. businesses engaged in international, U.S. citizens abroad, and foreign persons and businesses with a U.S. tax requirement.
See Other Information for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A SENIOR REVENUE AGENT DO? As a Senior Revenue Agent you will plan, conduct, and lead pre-filing and post-filing activities on the most complex business entities. You will initiate, plan, control, and execute all or parts of management initiated studies such as campaigns. You will serve as coach and mentor and will collaborate and coordinate with other experts, revenue agents, counsel, appeals, management, and industry to ensure emerging or strategic issues are identified. You will provide guidance on projects or programs and serve as an expert recommending changes to the tax code and the development of guidance and training. You will draft or review work projects involving emerging issues and areas of non-compliance. You will provide feedback to improve approaches to workload risk assessment.
As a Senior Revenue Agent you will:
- Maintain expertise through continuous learning activities needed to facilitate and coordinate the identification, development, and resolution of issues.
- Serve as an expert on technical issues by collaborating on the identification, risk assessment, development, and resolution of issues and develop technical content, training materials, and other resources to share knowledge, expand technical expertise, and ensure consistency and accountability in positions.
- Participate in project assignments, solving problems, identifying actionable events, meeting milestones and deadlines and time frames for completion.
- Prepare, present, communicate, and collaborate with appropriate internal and external stakeholders on technical guidance and new approaches to emerging or existing issues.
- Ensure that the organization’s strategic plan, mission, vision, and values are communicated and integrated into the Practice Area and LB&I goals, work products, and services.
- Make recommendations for development of new tax laws affecting technical issues and ensure emerging or strategic issues are identified from all potential sources and effectively escalated.
- Provide advice and guidance to examiners and respond to requests for information, including answering inquiries in a prompt and responsive manner, following up with guidance provided, and collaborating with others.
- Monitors the applicable team members and reports on the status and progress of work; reviews work in progress and completed work to ensure that the guidance and instructions on work priorities, methods, deadlines and quality have been met.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 Nights Per Month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551519900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.