WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVESTMENT DIVISION? The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.Learn more about this agency
See Other Information for Locations.
WHAT DOES A HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST DO? A Human Resource Specialist performs work that involves strategic recruitment and the advisement of management in identifying, attracting, and retaining a high-quality and diverse workforce that is capable of accomplishing the organization's mission.
As a HR Specialist (GS-13), you will:
- Lead the team in: identifying, distributing and balancing workload and tasks among employees in accordance with established work flow, skill level and/or occupational specialization; making adjustments to accomplish the workload in accordance with established priorities to ensure timely accomplishment of assigned team tasks; and ensuring that each employee has an integral role in developing the final team product.
- Train or arrange for the training of team members in methods and techniques of team building and working in teams to accomplish tasks or projects, and provide for specific administrative or technical training necessary for accomplishment of individual and team tasks.
- Monitor and report on the status and progress of work, checking on work in progress and reviewing completed work to see that the supervisor's instructions on work priorities, methods, deadlines and quality have been met.
- Represent the team consensus and convey the team's findings and recommendations in meetings and dealings with other team leaders, program officials, the public and other customers on issues related to or that have an impact on the team's objectives, work products and/or tasks.
- Estimate and report to the team on progress in meeting established milestones and deadlines for completion of assignments, projects and tasks, and ensure that all team members are aware of and participate in planning for achievement of team goals and objectives.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551470000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.