WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVESTMENT DIVISION? The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.Learn more about this agency
See Other Information for Locations.
WHAT DOES A TELEPHONE SYSTEM ANALYST DO? As a telephone system analyst you will perform a wide range of system functions essential to the effective operation of the call site where you will do analyses, coordination, and suggest resolutions to a range of workflow and operational problems and issues. Your work will support efforts in areas such as staffing, scheduling and performance monitoring, and provide input on program directives, which directly affect management decisions.
As a Telephone Systems Analyst you will:
- Monitor the Aspect System e-WFM and peripherals to ensure that the systems are in function.
- Monitor incoming call traffic, staffing levels and agent status, and track employee time usage through the daily use of RTA and provide reports on this usage.
- Project and analyze staffing to determine if telephone staffing requirements can be met.
- Troubleshoot and report system problems to Joint Operations Center (JOC) and Program Management and Process Assurance (PM/PA) staff.
- Prepare reports requiring research and analysis of performance indicators such as Services Provided, Handle Time, Average Handle Time (AHT), and Transfer Data.
- Maintain equipment inventory and assess the need for replacement or additional equipment.
- Work closely with other support functions such as the training coordinator to advise when training classes can be scheduled and advise of needed skills.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551448800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.