These positions are located in the Pacific Northwest Region, Region 6.Learn more about this agency
This position serves as a Forester and will be responsible for the development and/or review of silvicultural plans and programs as well as participation in NEPA planning for vegetation projects.
Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates when applications are due for these locations may be found at Forest Service website.
- Duties listed are at the full performance level.
- Assist in the development of long-range vegetation management plans and programs, including formulation of policies, objectives, and priorities, and the correlation and integration of timber plans into the overall land management plans.
- Serve as a consultant and advisor to line and staff officers and to district/SO personnel in all facets of reforestation and timber stand improvement techniques and their effect on other resource activities.
- Review all compartment prescriptions for technical adequacy and compliance with policies and standards.
- Provide program leadership for the silviculture program on the forest to draft local policy and technical guides and standards for timber marking, reforestation, and timber stand improvement programs.
- Lead, oversee, and/or conduct project level NEPA in order to facilitate implementation of specific projects.
- Serve as the Forest budget coordinator for the silviculture program which includes coordinating with Regional staff on budget allocations and making adjustments to ensure the Forest silviculture program budget remains within its annual allocations.
- Monitor expenditures across the Forest to keep the Forest Leadership Team informed of the status of the silviculture program and budget.
- Prepare plans and technical specification for field projects designed to collect and analyze data related to timber stand classification, volume, and growth.
- Provide prescriptions and prescription certification and oversight for vegetation treatment projects, including stand thinning, timber harvest, and prescribed application of fire.
- Provide Forest-wide coordination advice and program direction in the development of prescriptions for treatment of vegetation.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551425600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.