WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVESTMENTDIVISION? The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.Learn more about this agency
See “Other Information” for Locations
WHAT DOES A MANAGEMENT PROGRAM ANALYST DO? As a Project/Program Manager you will be responsible for accomplishing various analytical studies and/or projects relating to substantive, mission-oriented programs of the Internal Revenue Service. The studies or projects involve complex programs, systems, or issues and have impact on multiple IRS locations and/or organizations. In this role you will coordinate the impact of the project with employees and managers in all affected areas within the Service and with individuals and organizations outside the Service. Specifically, you will use your analytical and technical skills to conduct in-depth analyses of project data, requirements, and impact and you will identify problem areas and determine how to resolve them.
As a Management and Program Analyst you will:
- Meet with managers and executives within the Service to define the overall goals and objectives of the project.
- Prepare complex action plans and schedules for various phases of project accomplishment, both short and long-range; ensures that plans are consistent with Service goals, schedules, and policies.
- Prepare recommendations for resource requirements to accomplish the project; negotiates with managers of various components of the Service to obtain needed resources and support.
- Plan, coordinates and establish operating methods and procedures for accomplishment of project mission; as needed, directs the development and accomplishment of employee training relating to the project.
- Establish a system to review, control, and report on project status; Monitors project status and adjusts work plans for project accomplishment.
- Conduct in-depth analyses of project data, requirements, and impact; identify problem areas and determine how to resolve them; Prepare agency directives, IRM issuances, memoranda, service-wide policy statements, and other written guidelines and recommendations relating to the project.
- Conduct briefings and prepare comprehensive reports to keep managers and executives advised of project plans and progress and to communicate findings and recommendations.
- Identify and manage risks and risk responses to project objectives.
- Lead analyst in developing and delivering large-scale projects using documented Waterfall and/or Agile project management disciplines. (Large scale includes leading projects at the following level: Service-wide, Business Unit, and/or involving multiple Directorates).
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights per month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551409500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.