The Staff Physician (Primary Care) provides a full range of therapeutic interventions in units/programs in the Hampton VAMC. The Staff Physician has clinical privileges to practice including diagnostic assessment, medication evaluation and management. The Provider position may be located at Hampton VAMC; Virginian Beach CBOC or Chesapeake CBOC.Learn more about this agency
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership guidance and consultation to assigned staff units and serves as a consultant to other medical center staff and trainees and assists in implementation of treatment plan as appropriate regarding their patients.
- Provide a full range of services including assessment and using the most appropriate techniques in providing quality care in their subspecialty.
- Perform appropriate evaluations, diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Participate effectively in team meetings and treatment planning conferences and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members in a manner that enhances coordination of comprehensive patient care.
- Order diagnostic tests and discriminate between normal and abnormal findings and make appropriate treatment decisions.
- Responsible for timely completion of all clinical charting and documentation required by the Medical Center or healthcare system, as appropriate.
- Plan and oversee the completion of personal research programs, designed to provide information regarding program planning and relevant treatment approaches.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8am-4:30pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive: May be authorized for highly qualified candidates.
PCS/Relocation allowances: Are NOT Authorized
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551393000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.