RECRUITMENT INCENTIVE may be offered to highly qualified candidates.Learn more about this agency
Education and length of practice will be considered through a formal pay-setting process in determining the final compensable salary (Base Pay + Market Pay).
The Maxillofacial Prosthetics Section Head provides direct patient care within the scope of Maxillofacial Prosthetics and general dentistry in the Dental Service of the VA Portland Healthcare System. Serves as Section Head of Maxillofacial Prosthetics sub-specialty
Major Duties include but is not limited to:
- Provides diagnosis, treatment, planning, rehabilitation and maintenance of the oral function, comfort, appearance and health of patients with clinical conditions associated with missing or deficient teeth and/or maxillofacial tissues using biocompatible solutions.
- Provides consultative services on patients referred from other divisions of he VAPORHCS and other patients referred from other VA facilities.
- Provides emergency dental services upon proper referral from triage.
- Interprets dental radiographs.
- Provides education, training, mentoring and supervision to students and residents.
- Provides training members of the medical staff through various conferences, committees and lecture series.
- Provides administrative or managerial responsibilities through participation in clinical, educational and administrative committees, task groups or special projects.
- Performs administrative and other tasks as assigned by the Chief and/or Assistant Chief of the VAPORHCS Dental Service.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551374400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.