WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVESTMENT DIVISION? The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.
See “Other Information” for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A SECRETARY DO? As a Secretary you will be responsible for a wide range of administrative, clerical, and secretarial services within the organization. You will use a variety of computer applications, be responsible for organizing and maintaining files, providing telephone and receptionist services, arranging conferences and meetings, typing and reviewing correspondence and meeting minutes, arranging travel itineraries, and briefing the manager(s) on important issues.
As a Secretary, you will:
- Receive telephone calls, provide information, answer questions and direct calls and visitors to appropriate official.
- Conduct a thorough review of all correspondence, determine deadlines and offer suggestions concerning actions to be taken.
- Review outgoing correspondence for proper format, conformance with procedural instructions, grammar, punctuation, spelling, and attachments.
- Prepare and type a variety of reports, forms, requisitions, and legal documents using word processor or personal computer.
- Organize and maintain files, records, manuals, handbooks, and other related materials.
- Plan conferences, coordinate the development of its agenda and prepare notes regarding topics to be discussed.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551353300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.