The ideal candidate for this position must possess at least one (1) full year of specialized experience that equipped you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of an Appropriations Liaison at the GS-14 level. This position starts at a salary of $137,849 (GS-15). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Office of the Chief Financial Officer team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as the External Financial Coordinator. Typical assignments include:
- Directing, coordinating, or overseeing work of subordinate supervisors and project leaders.
- Making decisions on work problems presented by subordinates or project/team leads.
- Responding effectively and timely to House and Senate Appropriations staff requests for information and coordinating with the respective budget components/program offices for input.
- Providing authoritative guidance and leadership to special projects impacting all of major FEMA organizations, especially on issues related to the Agency's budget and appropriations process.
- Engaging senior FEMA leadership on complex programmatic, policy, and budget matters and advising on the development of the Agency's position for presentation to Congress, as well as DHS and OMB.
Occasional travel - Occasional non-emergency travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551352600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.