Works in the Food Service and Food Production areas of the West Palm Beach Nutrition and Food Services (N&FS) and performs tasks with several steps or a sequence of tasks that require attention to work operations. Incumbent follows established procedures in food service operation including food handling, preparation, storage, and delivery.Learn more about this agency
- Portion and serve one or more prepared food items on the centralized tray line and from a service cart to veterans on the Mental Health Unit or from the Community Living Center. Places one or more food items on trays according to the menu, individual tray tickets or selective menu by applying knowledge of modified diets. Accurately determines foods to service on commonly used modified diets to assure meal assembles reflect diet order.
- Follow oral directions, standardized recipes and guidelines to prepare and portion salads, dessert, cereal, soups, cold plates, sandwiches and coffee.
- Properly handle fresh fruits and vegetables by washing, storing and rotating stock as required.
- Follow the menu and established guidelines to accurately portions cold food items and prepares/assembles bulk and individualized nourishment.
- Maintain food temperatures during meal service and at point of patient delivery according to established procedures, correctly labels, dates and stores foods and leftovers, utilizes Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) methodology to prevent food borne illness and food contamination and safeguard food through the workflow.
- Record data as required. Incumbent accurately and efficiently sets up assigned tray line station to promote efficient meal service, notifies Food Service Supervisor (FSS) when adequate amounts of needed items are not issued.
- Use equipment and utensils required in quantity food service and has the complete understanding of the operation, safe use, care, adjustment and proper cleaning of equipment and utensils routinely used in the day-to-day performance of assignments.When required, the incumbent relieves for higher, lateral or lower grade positions, assuming the full range of responsibilities of the respective position.
- Assist in on-the-job training of lower grade staff or new employees. Incumbent participates in Quality Control and Improvement monitoring and documentation as assigned, to facilitate continuous evaluation and improvement of Food Production and Food Service Performance.
- Utilize computer operation appropriately, is responsible for maintaining security of information contained in computerized systems in accordance with Medical Center policy, Privacy Act and other applicable guidelines
Work Schedule: 11:30 am - 8:00 pm/rotating weekends and holidays
Position Description Title/PD#: Food Service Worker /0123A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551337100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.