North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System is recruiting for multiple Registered Nurse, Inpatient Care Coordinators (ICC), at the Malcom Randall VA Medical Center, in Gainesville, Florida and at the Lake City VA Medical Center, in Lake City, Florida.Learn more about this agency
***THIS VACANCY WILL BE OPEN UNTIL ALL POSITIONS ARE FILLED***
The first cut-off date is 11/24/19 then approximately every 4-6 weeks thereafter until all positions are filled.
- Provides evidence-based recommendations for inpatient care and flow such as case management literature, practice standards, and NUMAC approved clinical decision product components: care management, discharge screens, and utilization benchmarks
- Develops and documents a patient-centered, interdisciplinary discharge plan in collaboration with members of the health care team early in the hospital stay
- Analyzes, integrates, and revises the discharge plan as needed
- Facilitates and coordinates the discharge plan such as placing or recommending consults, resolving or mitigating barriers to care/flow/discharge, collaborating with nursing staff to provide education, post-acute care arrangements completed and communicated to all stakeholders
- Coordinates in interdisciplinary team meetings about anticipated barriers and discharge planning.
- Networks with VA and/or other community professionals to maintain knowledge of health, social service, and funding resources
- Learns, understands, and applies principles related to discharge planning, practice guidelines, expected patient hospital course, accreditation standards, and performance measures
- Uses NUMAC approved care management, discharge screens, and utilization benchmarks to develop flow and discharge plans
- Uses emergency and bed management software and utilization data to manage flow and identify barriers for the assigned patient population
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
Financial Discloser Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551321800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.