This Management and Program Analyst position is located in the Chicago Region in the Economic Development Administration (EDA), Department of Commerce (DOC). The EDA was established under the Public Works and Economic Development Act of 1965 to assist in stimulating industrial and commercial growth in economically distressed areas of the U.S. as a result of high unemployment, low per capita incomes or other severe economic distress.Learn more about this agency
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Management and Program Analyst GS-0343-11/12 FPL 12 positions within Economic Development Administrationin the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
- Manages or assists with the execution of administrative and/or grant programs within the region.
- Works closely with staff to ensure grant recipients provide accurate and timely documents related to the application and maintenance of their grants.
- Identifies procedural problems in program operations, using quantitative or qualitative methods. Conducts studies on operating programs, analyzes findings and makes recommendations.
- Conducts detailed analyses of work processes of administrative and/or technical programs.
- Makes recommendations for improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of work operations and implements project/program specifics.
- Assesses program methods and procedures, reports, and control techniques to ensure effective implementation.
These duties are described at the Full Performance Level of GS-12, the GS-11 is developmental leading to such performance.
This position is also being announced concurrently under Merit Promotion vacancy number: EDA-CRO-2020-00020for the grade 11 and 12. Applicants who wish to be considered under MAP and DE must apply to both vacancies separately.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
12 - If you are selected for a position with further promotion potential, you may be non-competitively promoted if you perform successfully and if recommended by management.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551300800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.