Open to the first 100 applicants or until 11/22/2019 whichever comes first. All applications submitted by 11:59 (EST) on the closing day will receive consideration.Learn more about this agency
This is an indefinite, Excepted Service appointment that may continue if you continue to meet the eligibility requirements under the Pathways Internship program and funding is available.
Interns may be eligible for non-competitive conversion to permanent employment.
Serve as front-line representative to answer questions and offer guidance to guests at a major regional visitor center in the historic, river city of Natchez, MS. Routinely ranked as one of the best small towns in America, Natchez is convenient to major cities such as Baton Rouge, LA and Jackson, MS. The city offers a variety of cultural and recreational opportunities.
For more park information, select "Learn More About This Agency".
Major Responsibilities include but are not all inclusive:
- Interact with park guests at a major, regional visitor center or other visitor contact station, if needed.
- Visitor management such as traffic control, lost item assistance and special event set-up/take-down.
- Stressful situations may occur on a daily basis.
- Provide answers to recurring visitor questions, and describe the area's historic, cultural and recreational opportunities, including National Park Service (NPS) interpretive services and concession-operated facilities and services.
- Distribute park brochures and printed material on other regional historic, cultural and recreational sites.
- Inform visitors of potential safety hazards.
- Receive and appropriately handle or refer complaints.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551296500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.