This announcement is for two (2) Temporary* Pipefitters at the James A. Haley Veterans' Hospital, located in Tampa, Florida. The incumbent serves as a Pipefitter in an extremely complex medical facility, which is constantly evolving within a highly complex and competitive geographic area.Learn more about this agency
*Condition of Employment: These are Temporary Appointments, Not-to-Exceed three (3) years from the date of appointment with no guarantee of continued funding beyond the initial appointment.
ResponsibilitiesThis announcement establishes an open continuous announcement of eligible applicants to be considered for this position.
- The first list of eligible applicants will be pulled for referral on December 9, 2019.
- Subsequent referrals will be made every 30 calendar days. Applications received after the first cut-off date, will be considered for the second cut-off, and so on throughout the life of the announcement and within your specific period of eligibility; as vacancies exist and/or remain.
1. Repairs plumbing systems and related equipment.
2. Installs, modifies, and repairs new and existing utilities, supply and disposal systems.
3. Tests and makes needed adjustments to systems and equipment for proper operation, flow, drainage, and sanitary conditions with national Plumbing codes.
4. Repairs systems and equipment such as waster, oil, and Medical Gas distribution systems as well as water closets, tubs, fire sprinkler systems, and showers.
5. Installs, repairs, assembles, or replaces guages, steam traps, thermostatic controls, unit heaters, toilets, urinals lavatories, sinks, tubs, physiotherapy equipment, showers, dishwashing machines, control values, hot water generators, stills, autoclaves, and sterilizers, expansion joints, and heat exchangers.
6. Cuts, thread and install pipe including: black iron, ductile, galvanized, lead, wrought iron malleable, copper, brass, plastic and glass pipe.
7. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Full-Time, Monday-Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Position Description Title/PD#: Pipefitter/PD# 0108-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551295300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.