THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT ENGINE MECHANIC, Position Description Number D12636000 and is part of the WY 153rd Maintenance Squadron, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to maintain, troubleshoot, remove, repair, install, certify, test and perform operational checks on the turboprop engines, propellers, and associated propulsion system components.
(1) Removes, installs, certifies, repairs, modifies, overhauls, and installs turboprop engines, reduction gear boxes, turbine modules, compressor modules, auxiliary power units, propellers and related propeller components as required.
(2) Modifies engines, propellers, auxiliary power units, and components in accordance with Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTO) directives; removes and installs engine quick change kits; prepares engines for installation and installs engine and propeller assemblies on aircraft.
(3) Performs operational checks of installed propellers, engines, auxiliary power units and sub-systems during aircraft maintenance ground runs in accordance with approved checklists.
(4) Performs isochronal and special evaluations on engines, propellers and auxiliary power units.
(5) Performs aircraft full power runs and complete engine and propeller efficiency checks.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551240400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.