This position serves as the principal advisor to the Director and the principle management official with responsibility for planning, organizing, and directing the day-to-day administrative operations within the Human Resources Office.Learn more about this agency
As an Management Officer you will:
- Serve as the second level supervisor of employees engaged in a wide variety of administrative, management services, business operations, and planning functions.
- Provide input in the formulation of the budget and present and defend resource requirements needed to carry out long-term goals and objectives.
- Develop and manage annual budget plans and budget justifications.
- Participate with the Director in establishing long- and short-range goals, objectives, and plans.
- Manage the administrative activities of the Human Resources Office, recommending approval of budgets, spending plans, functional statements, organization charts, and staffing plans for the organization.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position. 5%-Domestic Travel
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- US Citizenship is required.
- Background Investigation may be required.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- Travel, transportation, and moving expenses will be paid: No
- Bargaining Unit Position: No
- Drug Screening Required: No
- Research position: No
- Promotion potential: No
- Supervisory position: Yes: Since this is a supervisory position, candidates must also have demonstrated or shown the potential to develop the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities. A supervisory probationary period may be required. Applicants should describe any previous experience or responsibilities which could be used in relation to the supervisory requirements of this position.
- Time in grade (TIG) must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
- CDC Financial Disclosure -OGE form 450 Holding ourselves to a higher standard; the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention inspires public confidence in its trust responsibilities and mission by maintaining high ethical principles. This position is subject to the confidential financial disclosure requirements of the Ethics in Government Act of 1978 (P.L. 95-521). Therefore, if selected, you will be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 450) to determine if a conflict or an appearance of a conflict exists between your financial interest and your prospective position with the agency. This Information will be required annually.
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
- Public Trust/Moderate Background Investigation (5) is required.
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-14 grade level of in the Federal service as defined in the next paragraph.
Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the position which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position to include experience in planning, organizing, and directing financial and administrative operations and formulating and implementing organizational goals, objectives and plans.
Documenting experience: In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable, however, when documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee's supervisor or an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the percentage of times the other duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee's official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
This position is a Temporary Promotion Not To Exceed one (1) Year and may be made permanent at any time without further competition.
To Remain An Active Duty USPHS Commissioned Corps Officer
- Join more than 6,500 highly qualified public health professionals as part of the U.S. Public Health Service. Overseen by the Surgeon General, you will be part of an elite and diverse team of professionals essential to public health leadership and exemplary clinical service.
- PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position with the Commissioned Corps, you are welcome to apply and receive a courtesy referral. Note that a courtesy referral is not a competitive civil service process and does not provide civil service status for the selected employee. Click Here for the comparison chart of Commissioned Corps ranks to civil service, which advises you on potential billet rankings.
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov).
Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP): For information on how to apply as an CTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
To view the questionnaire, click on the following link:
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document(s), view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated and rated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics):
- Administrative Management
- Business Process Improvement
- Conflict Management
- Customer Service
- Decision Making
- Financial Management
- Financial Management (2)
- Internal Resource Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Oral Communication
- Organizational Systems Awareness
- Program Analysis and Evaluation
- Program Support and Strategic Planning
- Project Management (2)
- Team Building
- Written Communication
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
- Your résumé showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed.
- Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent SF-50, Notification of Personal Action (The SF-50 should include your tenure code in Item Number 24 of the document)
For Active Duty USPHS Commissioned Corps Officers
- Submit your latest Personnel Order (PHS-7063) as an USPHS Active Duty Commissioned Officer
For Résumé and Application Tips visit: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Tips.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 11/19/2019 of this announcement to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
- Follow the prompts to select your résumé and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
If you cannot apply online:
You are encouraged to apply online. If you are unable to apply online, please use the Alternate Application link listed in the Additional Information section of this vacancy announcement. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online if at all possible. Applying online, through your USAJOBS account, will expedite the application process and allow you to check your application. If you utilize the Alternate Application method, your USAJOBS account will not display this application and you will not receive status updates.
Agency contact information
AddressCDC OD, Office of the Chief Operating Officer OCOO
1600 Clifton Road, N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30333
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. We expect to make a selection within 45 days of the closing date of this announcement.
You will receive notice via email once this process is completed (generally 4-6 weeks).
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551231200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.