Serves as a Business Management Specialist for the Goddard Institute of Space Studies (GISS) in the Earth Sciences Division of the Sciences and Exploration Directorate at Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFS) situated in New York City, NY. Plays a key role in making institutional support decisions; interprets Agency/Center guidance and provides technical advice on Federal Grants/Cooperatives/Space Act Agreements, Federal personnel management/procurement actions, and other business-related actions.Learn more about this agency
- Oversees Grants, Cooperatives, and Space Act Agreements (SAAs) between the GISS and other Center and Agency organizations, and with U.S. and/or international universities, governments, industries, companies, and non-profit organizations.
- Serves as Contracting Officer Representative (COR) for support services and IT systems management contracts. Monitors research subcontracts, Grants, and Cooperatives, Space Act Agreements (SAAs) to assure compliance.operations.
- Provides business management advice to leadership and organizes, plans, directs, coordinates, and leads business operations as well as administration and fiscal control functions.
- Coordinates GISS strategic planning efforts and advises/consults on business-related variables that affect planning, integration, coordination, and critical management concerns.
- Assists in crafting cooperatives agreements to assure Agency needs are met. Serves as principle planner for administrative matters; advises on/develops recommendations about requirements.
- Monitors contractor performance deliverables and serves as senior technical/managerial liaison between the Contractor and Contracting Officer.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551218400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.