WHAT IS THE RETURN PREPARER OFFICE (RPO) DIVISION?
The Return Preparer Office provides oversight of and services to tax professionals. The office ensures Tax Professionals apply for or renew their Preparer Tax Identification Number, provides guidance regarding the voluntary Annual Filing Season Program and partners with Tax Professionals to accomplish the mission of the Internal Revenue Service.
See Other Information for LocationsLearn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A LEAD SUITABILITY ANALYST DO? The Suitability Analyst is the first scan/review to understand the Return Preparer (RP) issue (failure to file, failure to pay, multiple moderate convictions, etc.). In this role, the suitability analyst will determine actions to take on cases involving Return Preparers who are not in compliance with suitability guidelines. You will review and investigate the non-compliance (looking into IDRS, reviewing the contest information and documentation, etc) and determine if the RP has passed/failed the Suitability check being reviewed.
As a Lead Suitability Analyst you will:
- Identify, distribute and balance workload and tasks in accordance with established work flow, skill level and/or job specialization; makes adjustments to accomplish the workload in accordance with established priorities for timely accomplishment.
- Provide guidance on work methods, practices and procedures; and assists the team and/or individual members in identifying the parameters of a viable solution.
- Prepare and implement training to teach the methods and techniques to accomplish tasks or projects,
- Coaches the team in the selection and application of appropriate problem-solving methods and techniques, provides advice on work methods, practices and procedures.
- Monitors and reports on the status and progress of work, checking on work in progress and reviewing completed work to see that the manager’s instructions on work priorities, methods, deadlines and quality have been met.
- Provide reports on performance, progress and training needs of employees to the manager;
- Maintain a current knowledge of procedures, policies and directives to provide employees both classroom and OJT instructions.
- Maintain your inventory while providing assistance to subordinates, prepares detailed case history notes on TPPS or E-Trak while working case assignments.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551206800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.