The employee will serve as a Program Support Assistant. This position is organizationally located in the VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System's VA Center of Excellence for Wheelchairs and Associated Rehabilitation Engineering (WARE)/Human Engineering Research Laboratories (HERL) in Pittsburgh, PA, under the supervision of the Research and Development's Administrative Officer.Learn more about this agency
NOTE: This is a 4 year TERM appointment. Term appointments are non-status, nonpermanent appointments of limited duration (more than 1 year but not more than 4). Term employees are eligible to earn leave and generally have the same benefits as permanent employees including health and life insurance, within-grade increases and Federal Employees Retirement System and Thrift Savings Plan coverage. Term appointments may be extended without further competition (up to the 4-year maximum). The appointment to a Term position does not confer eligibility for promotion or reassignment to other positions or the ability to be non-competitively converted to permanent employment.
The employee performs a wide variety of assignments associated with maintaining and supporting the work being performed by the VA Center of Excellence for Wheelchairs and Associated Rehabilitation Engineering (WARE)/Human Engineering Research Laboratories (HERL).
Duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Enter all purchase/procurement requests in the purchasing system.
- Coordinate the clearance of purchases with the receiving department.
- Maintain and update the purchasing database and a filing system for pending and completed purchase orders.
- Answer telephone, transfer calls to appropriate staff, take messages and convey to staff.
- Arrange professional travel for center staff, prepare travel estimates, coordinate travel approval process and process travel requests and reimbursements.
- Fax, scan, copy and type a variety of scientific and administrative documents and other material for the staff.
- Assist Administrative Officer with preparation of the annual report.
- Prepare correspondence ensuring correct punctuation, capitalization, spelling, grammar and conformance to style.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551192700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.